Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

FO: Knitted Cowl

The cowl/shawl/scarf thing I knitted has finally reached my friend in Germany! Woah, I posted it on 31st Oct and it only just reached her this week. This is definitely wayyyy more than the 3 - 10 days that the post office staff said. Oh well, it doesn't matter now because it has reached her!


I made this cowl using the Noble Cowl pattern by Emily, which is available for free on Ravelry. It's a really really popular pattern amongst knitters on Ravelry, with a total of 1640 projects (and counting!)


Knitting this cowl was quite a joy because I have not knitted lace stitches for quite a while. The only thing that I was not pleased about was the loose stitches at the beginning of the round. It's my own fault, really. I think my tension were too loose at the beginning. 


Loose stitches at the beginning of the round :(
The right tension

Unblocked FO
This is how the cowl looked right after casting them off the needles. It's obvious that it needed blocking, so I blocked it using a steam iron. Steam iron worked in this cause because I used a wool-blend yarn. I like using a steam iron to block my knitting project because it makes the knitted FO really smooth and flat. More importantly, it's quick and immediate!! I love watching a bunched up knitting project transform into a real finished product after blocking.


Blocked! :) THIS IS WHY BLOCKING IS SO IMPORTANT!
All right, that's all for now! I have been doing some embroidery as Christmas presents. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish them up and show them to everyone soon! Has everyone started on making Christmas presents? 


P.S.: If you ask a question as Anonymous, please please leave an email so that I can contact you directly!

1 comment: