Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Crochet Therapy

I've been sick for the past few days with a bout of tonsillitis. It's really bad infection that gives me painful sore throats and bloody nasal discharge. To make matters worse, I developed an allergic reaction to the antibiotic that I was given initially and ended up with peeling, bleeding lips and red itchy patches on my face. 'Nuff said.

Well, staying at home to recuperate can get really boring, so I finally got down to teach myself how to crochet after many failed attempts previously. Learning and practise come hand-in-hand, therefore I hooked on my remaining amount of yarn from making Vickie Howell's Lana & Clark Ascot (for a friend's birthday) to make this really tiny bag.
I found the pattern here. As there weren't any measurements of the finished project stated in the pattern, I was quite surprised to find that it turned out this tiny! I thought "itty bitty" was just a description of the bag being one that allows you to put your "itties bitties", but I didn't know that it was THIS TINY. And it even felt like a little bun to me as I held it in my hand to take this picture.
OH WELL. But I guess the size of the bag made it look cute. (^_^)
I'm giving this Itty Bitty bag to a friend of mine. (^_^)

Other than this, I've also been trying my hook on different yarns for different projects but I always got dissatisfied and then ripped it all out again. This crochet therapy really made me feel better. Perhaps all the sc, dc, hdc and then the final ripping was a way to vent frustrations while in a comfortable, resting position.

No comments: