Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

So, I tried baking again

I couldn't stop thinking about the 5 minutes easy-bake cake that I made using a recipe I found online. Although the result was less than satisfactory, I tried baking it again with a few modifications to the recipe.

First of all, I ditched the 3 tablespoons of oil. I didn't see the point of adding so much oil since it didn't add to the taste of the cake. It merely makes the cake greasy and clogs your arteries. In addition, I added 7 tiny drops of chocolate essence to bring out the chocolaty taste of the cake. Last but not least, I put my mixture into little baking paper cups to make them easy for sharing and to skip the last and most detestable step of washing (and scrubbing).

It all turned out quite well, I'd say. The taste was better than the first time I made it and the burnt areas were much lesser too. The only thing that I wasn't happy about was the way the mixture spills out during the baking process. But still, I'm really starting to like this recipe because it the starting materials were cheap and it was so quick and easy to make.

This is what I will be bringing for the picnic that I am going to have with my friends next weekend!

No comments: