Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY: Ombre Hair (Like a ray of sunshine)

// Green woollen jumper, thrifted (and rather itchy) / Black dress with tiny polka dots, Valleygirl, $15 //
I have mixed feelings about my DIY ombre hair. I am not sure if I actually like it or not. To make matters worse, I have received quite a bit of negative comments from my friends. Honestly, I do not care about what they think. Well, I did, initially. But then I decided that it didn't matter because this is what I have been wanting to do and now that I have done it, I am glad that I did. Have I just made this sound awfully complicated?

Ok, to put it simply, there are times when I love my new ombre hair and there are times when I am unhappy about it. Mostly, I am unhappy when I see another Asian with the same hair on the streets. I wanted ombre hair because I wanted a different/unique look. But I guess that's silly of me because ombre hair is all the rage at the moment. I should have known better. So, rather than creating a signature look, my ombre hair has, to some extent, reinforced my status of a quintessential Asian in Sydney. 


The hair dye

Less than 5 minutes after washing it out
Regardless, I just want to show everyone here my new hair. Oh, and today is one of the days that I am loving my new hair. xx


Happy - for now


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks super cute.

Unknown said...

I think it's awesome.

BEESTLYproducts said...

i love it. it's so fun!

T90Kate said...

I think it looks fab on you! I love the ombre hair but I'm too scared to dye it myself ha! I got these instead - I&K dip dye hair extensions They’re available at Hairtrade.com and there's some gorgeous colours. I got the dark to blonde one and they look fab! Kate x

Mandoline said...

Don't think about, what some people say! It looks great! And wooow, you did it by yourself??! It looks like, aprofessional hairdresser was doing ist! =)

Sheryn said...

I think it looks great! How did you do it? Did you tease the bottom part of your hair like they do in the salon? You have a good faded look that I'd worry about achieving on my own!

serve10 said...

the hair color is very nice.
but if you dye your hair, it maybe destoryed your hair.
so hair extension is the best choice.www.servehair.com and www.wondepot.com are the top hair extenion websites.