Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chocolate cake in 5 minutes!

I found this really cute and easy recipe for a chocolate cake through Craftzine using the simplest ingredients that you can find in your homes! Don't worry if you don't have an oven, because this recipe only calls for a microwave oven.

Well, so I made one and this is how it turned out:
sorry about the poor resolution because I took the picture using my crappy phone camera
There are several things that I modified. I didn't have cocoa powder, so I used Milo powder instead. I didn't have cake flour, so I used All-purpose flour instead. Last but not least, I didn't have a microwave oven, so I used the conventional toaster I have. So in the end, it took around 20 minutes for my cake to bake and the top was a little burnt.
It tasted OK, not as nice as I thought and I hoped that it would be. Frankly speaking it looks like and even tastes a little like the less starchy version of the Chinese brown sugar cake (Fatt Gao)
But one thing that I really have to say is that the 3 tablespoons stated in the recipe is WAY TOO MUCH. The cake feels kinda oily in my hands and I could almost feel my tummy gaining diameter as I eat.

No comments: