Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rethreads

My friend and I took part in this event at Carriageworks a while ago. You can bring clothes that you no longer want and then exchange them for 'new' clothes. New to you, but pre-loved to the people who brought them there. It's a mass clothes exchange.

In short, it's something like shopping at Vinnies for free. You get 'new' clothes and you remove those unwanted clothes that you have become bored of from your wardrobe. Everybody wins!

I brought a cream Giordano polo tee (10SGD), a Warehouse blue cotton mini-skirt (another hand-me-down) and a pale green Cotton On sweater (15SGD) for the exchange. It's a shame that I didn't get to take pictures of them to show you guys. Sorry!

But hey take a look at what I got in exchange for them!

A long ethnic skirt that is too small for my burgeoning waist (damn those cookies and cold winter days). I think I will have to try to shorten it and increase the size of the waist, maybe make it elastic. If not I'm thinking of refashioning it into a pair of shorts. I really like its prints. What do you guys think? 

1 comment: