Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

DIY: Embroidered/Cross-stitch Pencil Case


My oh my. I really can't believe that I'm actually writing a blog post here. I would have never thought that I would have the time to write here twice in a month! Enough of that usual blog post opening, it's time to talk about my embroidered pencil case. 


I made this a while ago before school started and my craft plans were thrown in complete disarray (or rather, completely obliterated). You should have seen my old pencil case. I should have made this new pencil case ages ago.


Oh right, I was also enjoying a small serving of frozen grapes...
It started out as this mini vintage embroidery/cross-stitch project that my friend passed to me a few years back. I did plan to create the oblong pouch that it was meant to be. But then I was too lazy to read the instructions in detail. So, I decided to screw the original project and make myself a badly needed pencil case instead.


You should have noticed that I keep typing 'embroidery/cross stitch'. I just can't decide which category this project belongs to. What are the differences between those 2 types of needlecraft anyway? No matter what it is, it sure is a lot of fun. I got the entire thing done in 2 afternoons while watching american drama on my computer.


Added interface to hide my messy work
Used a leftover fabric from another project for the lining
Sewed the 2 pieces of fabric, right side together, and then turned it out to get this
Folded it into half and then sewed the sides together
Turned it out to get an open pouch
The zip was painstakingly sewn on by my very own hands. That's all for now. No witty ending for this post because I am really tired now.

2 comments:

Hello Naka said...

i love the design ^^ and cute heart lining :3 i remeber ur cute dress ^^

Nana. said...

That is really cute (: I probably shouldn't try it though :P