Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

DIY+I WEAR DIY: Dip it and bleach it (Dip-dye jeans)

After my success with bleaching my denim jacket last year, I have been having the hankering to do another bleached denim project. Then this lovely dip-dye jeans design started showing up all over the Internet and WHOWHATWEAR even did a DIY write-up for this look. But seriously, you don't need someone to tell you how to do it, it's really simple. So....... here's my DIY dip-dye jeans.

Well, they are not exactly jeans... It's actually a very sturdy pair jeggings (leggings+jeans) made from denim-like material. The elastic pull-on design makes this pair of jeggings soooo comfortable to wear.


I was actually planning to do a 3-tone spin to it, where the area above the crotch is the darkest and the lightest shade begins at the midpoint of the thigh. Unfortunately, it seems that the bleach that I used was not strong enough to bleach my jeans. So, in the end, I ended up with the normal two-tone jeans. Boohoohoo. 


Jacket (Fake leather jacket): random shop in Singapore
T-shirt (You don't mean nothing at all to me T-shirt)
Jeans (DIY dip-dye jeans): Kmart, DIY
Boots (Doc Martens Wannabe): Rubi, $49.95

Oh well, but I am still loving the way it looks. What do you guys think?



By the way, my t-shirt says "You don't mean nothing at all to me". I'm not a big fan of double negatives in English, but hey, it works well for a rebel look. Moreover, it was on sale for just $1. ;)


Sorry about the grainy pictures. I have no idea what went wrong. :(

5 comments:

Hello Naka said...

i love your jacket and shades :p and i lvoe the grainy photos it makes it look like its been taken by an old film camera :p

and i love the jeans :3

BEESTLYproducts said...

cute! your's look better than the super white ones from the link!

NeCia said...

Wow, pretty amazing! These jeans look so fashionable, what I saying! The whole outfit looks fashionable and cool! That T-shirt makes it look more awesome xD

Kisses
NeCia (from www.neciaaa.blogspot.com )

Ali said...

I Like your pants and such a lovely pictures i like it...


Reflective Motorcycle Vests

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

your jeans look amazing, great job! Love the jackets and shafes with it too. :) xx