Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

FO: (Not just) another hat

So... I knitted another hat as a present for my friend's 21st birthday! I made it using the pattern from here. As usual, I followed the pattern for the first half of it and ditched the pattern after that. Moreover, the pattern didn't really give specific instructions for decreasing the stitches, so I simply did whatever I thought would look good. Also, instead of using the brick-stitch all the way to the top, I used only the pink yarn for the top bit so that it would give better contrast when I add the white pom pom. But I feel that the pom pom I made is just a little too small. 

The hat
Cute fabric label
I also added a cute fabric label to the inside of the hat. I bought a whole bunch of these in various sizes and designs off Etsy. I'm really excited about adding these labels to all my future handmade stuff! :)


Work in progress...
Some things that I will do differently if I were to knit the same hat in the future:
- Make a bigger pom pom

- Use needles that are one size smaller when knitting the ribbed edge at the beginning (I can't believe I totally forgot about that... :S)
- Use variegated yarn for the contrasting yarn.... I imagine that the effect would be rather awesome...



All right, that's all for now! I'm off to take a short nap because my medicine is making me really tired. Yes... I've been sick for a week... and I really hope that I will be better soon. T_T

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!!
it's amazing!! even if i'm not a pink fun :-)
and the label is reallllyy cute!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!

xx
rebelrousher.blogpsot.com

Hello Naka said...

i lvoe the hat ^^ i hope ur friend loves it too ;3 and cute photos :3

BEESTLYproducts said...

the hat is good, but the pictures are crazy! i love them!