Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sewn: A dress called Edith

Edith
 Edith is currently my favourite dress at the moment. Yes, I love her so much, I gave her a name. 

She is a vintage-inspired 60s summer dress made using Butterick 6582, a retro reissue of the original pattern that was printed in the 60s. 


Love the print on the fabric
Pattern: Butterick 6582, option C
Fabric: Polycotton, Floral motifs with white and green gingham background
Modification(s): I shortened the hem by 15 cm because I am fun-sized!

Initially, I was quite apprehensive about this pattern because the bodice looked complicated to me with all the various pieces and the ruching at the shoulder. But the instructions were really helpful and the sewing process was a real breeze!

I really love the shoulder detail and the gathering at the sides of the skirt, which makes the skirt looks poofy when I wear it even without any petticoat underneath! (That said, I do still want to get a petticoat...)



Bodice and skirt
Poofy skirt!
This is definitely a pattern that I will use again. I am probably going to make Version A the next time!

More photos of the dress can be found in the previous post here.
xx

1 comment:

Etheria said...

It's soooooo beautiful :D
I was looking for a pattern to make a dress for my own, I never thought someone was so excited with the idea that gave the dress a name, haha, still I congratulate you