Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

DIY INSPIRATION: House of Holland's Granny Square Scarf

DIY INSPIRATION: House of Holland's Granny Square Scarf
(via)







I have never tried making a granny square because I was never able to decide on what I want to create with those granny squares. I thought of making a bag, a vest, a placemat... but oh boy, I never realised how good granny squares look as a scarf. I hate how runway shows and fashion designers make simple and possibly overlooked crochet items/knitwear look so chic.


I did a quick search for patterns to make granny square scarves on Ravelry and found this and this to be highly similar in terms of design. If you have never made a granny square and are not quite sure how to, there's a comprehensive tutorial with videos here.


Now I am itching to make a granny square scarf... What about you?


To view the complete collection by House of Holland, visit their website here.

2 comments:

Hello Naka said...

oh they look pretty funky ^6 it would take me ages though :(

BEESTLYproducts said...

AMAZING! do it.