Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Capsule Wardrobe NUMBER 1 - Part 1 of 4

I recently moved to a new place with a MUCH BIGGER room. It's so big that I now have 2 tables, 1 for doing uni work and 1 for making crafts. The latter is also where my sewing machine sits. Despite gaining a personal wardrobe and a chest of drawers, I still have difficulty storing all my clothes properly. I can try to fold, stack and squeeze all my clothes into my chest of drawers, but I will most likely end up only wearing the clothes stacked right on top. 


I am utterly sick and tired of buying clothes that I only wear once in a long while and wearing the same 20% of my wardrobe. So... things have to change. 


Capsule Wardrobe NUMBER ONE (5 tops + 5 bottoms)
So... introducing... my very first capsule wardrobe, which consists of 5 tops, 5 bottoms and 3 outerwear (not included in the picture above) that I selected from current wardrobe. I will create a new set of capsule wardrobe once I have had 30 outfits from this set. I don't go out every day, so I find the time frame (e.g., 1 month) for a capsule wardrobe irrelevant to me. 


So, here it is, everyone! My first part of my first ever Capsule Wardrobe...


ONE: Bottom: Fox Grey Pants; Top: I heart Paris Tee; Outerwear: Thrifted Navy Blazer Accessory: DIY scarf


TWO: Bottom: Navy Military Pinafore; Top: All the girls' names Tee; Shoes: Doc Martens Wannabe
THREE: Bottom: Navy Military Pinafore (with straps removed); Top: Plaid shirt with ruffle detail; Shoes: Doc Martens Wannabe


FOUR: Bottom: Grey shorts with woollen texture; Top: Plaid shirt with ruffle detail; Outerwear: Thrifted Blue Navy Blazer; Shoes: Doc Martens Wannabe; Bag: Black Satchel from Kmart $9
FIVE: Bottom: Grey shorts with woollen texture; Top: Plaid shirt with ruffle detail + I heart Paris Tee; Shoes: Grey sneakers with knee-high socks and black tights


SIX: Bottom: Navy Military Pinafore (with straps removed); Top: I heart Paris Tee; Outerwear: Bleached denim jacket; Shoes: Doc Martens Wannabe
SEVEN: Bottom: Black leggings with zip detail; Top: All the girls' names Tee; Outerwear: Khaki Boy's jacket; Shoes: Doc Martens Wannabe


******
My favourite outfit so far is ... FOUR! I just love the preppy look that a plaid shirt and a blazer give!

3 comments:

Kat said...

I love 4 as well but I think 5 is my favourite. I have been trying lately to make myself wear some of the items I haven't worn in ages rather then my regulars. Sometimes I feel like most of my wardrobe is such a waste because it just sits there.

BEESTLYproducts said...

four is "gettin it".

Kailey said...

Ooh I am in love with these looks! #1 is my favorite :D Following your blog now!