Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Contents of a Coat Pocket

Clockwise from top left-hand corner: Candy wrappers, contact number for ukulele class, book, hair twister for tying hair up in a bun, sunnies
I have always wanted to do a post on "What's in my bag?" But I think I am too embarrassed to show the world what really is in my bag. On the other hand, doing a post on the things in my coat pockets doesn't seem too terrifying. So here it is. Here are the things that were in my pocket when I wore my coat to uni last week. It does seem that I stuff an awful lot of things in my coat pockets, doesn't it? 

The coat.. and a hat that matches. Yes, I have a coat that matches a hat. Life does not get better than this.
I like reading whenever I am waiting for the bus or the train. I especially love having a book with me when the CityRail train gets stuck in the middle of nowhere. It may be hard to believe, but I really did stuff this book into my coat pocket. I carry a backpack to uni and I am too lazy to bring my bag to my front just so I can take my book out. And I like my hands free.

The 'Stories of Suspense' is a collection of several short stories of... well, suspense. It is one of the many things that I found during my thrifting trips in Albury. I can't find any other ways of saying this, but honestly, every story was a page-turner. It was precisely the reason why I could not put it down and why I simply had to stuff it in my coat jacket. My favourite short story from this book is 'Contents of a Dead Man's Pocket' by Jack Finney. (Oh hey, is that my inspiration for the title of this post? How unoriginal.)

Taken in July when I wore the hat and coat together. Notice the absence of lightened hair.
Anyway, I think everyone should read 'Contents of a Dead Man's Pocket'. I think you may be able to find it online. Go forth. Search. Make use of the Internet. Then come back and let me know what you think of the story. Hmmm... I should check out books by Jack Finney... 
xx

No comments: