Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Almost finished: Mary's Summer Bag!

I've been working on Mary's Summer Bag from Knit Picks for quite some time and I'm glad to say that it's almost done!
This is my first knitted project that I did using circular needles and it's really interesting how it all worked out. I wasn't really used to it at first - the stitches were a little tight and I had to adjust the stitches in the round to continue knitting. But it was all worth it because I wouldn't need to sew up the sides of the bag at the end! (^_^)
I'm knitting the smaller version because I didn't want my whole bag to sag if it's too big since the stitches are kinda floppy (or maybe it's  just me?) I used Patons Smoothie DK in this ranbow colour  because I wanted my bag to look like a groovy hippie bag. I think it defnitely fits the bill of a hippie bag not only because of the colour, but because it's handmade!
Hopefully I'll be able to post the picture for the end products really soon. Go, hands and needles, go!

No comments: