Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

United Colors of Benetton Chain Scarf

All images from nitrolicious
I know this Chain Scarf was out a long time ago. It has been on my to-do list for an awfully long time too. And I still want it. I'm not too sure how much it is. I'm not even sure if they are still selling it! But it doesn't matter, because it's definitely more than $20 and I can make it myself in my own favourite colour for less than $10!


So, do you want it as well? Can you knit? my day-to-day adventures has a great tutorial on how to knit one of these scarves yourself. LOVE!


Can't knit but can crochet? Cornflower Blue has a tutorial on how to make similar chains using the crochet method. But it's going to look slightly different because the original Benetton scarves were knitted.


I should seriously start a real, tangible to-do list instead of thinking about it in my head. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this also, i'm pretty sure I have seen this before, easy to make I suppose just use double pointed needles and make a load of tubes and stitch them together!

Might even have a go at it myself sometime in the future. good luck will be good to see what you come up with :D

Warm wishes
x