Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

From the streets of Bangkok - 3

First of all, I apologise for this very late post. It has been more than a week since my last post. I've just moved to a new place in Australia (where I am studying) and it takes forever for the new Internet to set up. Damn.

PAINTED SNEAKERS! These designs on these hand-painted pictures look as though they were printed on. But no, you can be absolutely sure that are indeed hand-painted because the artists were just sitting right there painting other shoes! They were spotted in a corner of the Chactuchak Market and there were so many designs to choose from! I was really tempted to get one for myself but I have already overspent for that day.
I wasn't too sure about the prices of each design but apparently the prices start from 260 Baht.

If you were to ask me if I regret NOT getting one of these pairs of lovely shoes, I'd say no. It mostly because I have always felt that DIY items have a much greater sentimental value when it is made on your own or given as a gift from someone. It's just a personal thing. Nevertheless, I still feel that this is a great inspiration for people who plans to paint their own plain ol' sneakers.  
Check out the designs that they have! I really like the one with Spongebob's big smiley face (centre, left) and the one with the big heart between Mickey and Minnie (bottom, right ). Start your sketch on a paper now and start painting soon!

No comments: